My take on the world.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Favorite Places in NY, part 2


Ok, so VBS is making me miss the city, big time... I've got to head up there sometime soon!! Here are some more of my favorite spots:

St. Paul's Cathedral: This is right across from Ground Zero. The graveyard is really cool--most of the graves are at least a hundred years old. It's a very pretty spot.


The Majestic Theater! Phantom of the Opera plays here; it's the longest-running show currently on Broadway. (And, in my opinion, the best!)


Most of the stores on 5th Ave. decorate their windows for Christmas. This is a snapshot of one of the windows at Lord & Taylor's. They were all breathtaking.


Union Square. Almost every Saturday there's a farmer's market. You can buy all kinds of things--produce, of course, but also art and clothes and such. There are also street musicians all over the place.


Brooklyn Bridge! My favorite bridge, and one of my most favorite places in the city. It's especially gorgeous at night--when you walk out on the bridge and look back, the whole skyline is before you, all lit up and reflected in the water.


The Empire State Building. I went there every day for school, and lived less than a block away. This building epitomizes NY for me. This picture was taken from the roof of the guys' apartment building.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?