My take on the world.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Favorite Places in NY, part 1

It's almost Spring Break!!! I'm sooo ready... even though all I'll be doing is helping with Vacation Bible School and working. But, on the bright side, I'll have no homework and no classes, so that's exciting. The theme for VBS this year is the "Big Apple Adventure", so I'm sure it will really make me miss New York :( I'm ready for a trip back there! Here are some pics of my favorite places--This is going to be a 3-part post (with 1 section reserved for Central Park, my absolute favorite place in the world).
Times Square--it's crazy, but that's why I love it.


This was taken from the trolley/lift from Roosevelt Island to Manhattan.


Powder puff football on Roosevelt Island--great memories :)



Herald Square. My apartment building is just to the left of this pic.


Columbus Circle

Madison Square Park/the Flatiron Building. There are random little tree houses all through this park--just for decoration.


The East River. I came here when I really needed to see the sky.


Bryant Park. Every winter they pull up all the grass (not shown in this pic) and make it into an ice skating rink, and every spring they re-sod it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?