My take on the world.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Take on the Bachelor

Ok, so I’m watching the Bachelor right now. My family had a birthday thing last night so my mom recorded it. It’s highly entertaining. My mom and my sisters and I watch it every week. We make fun of all the drama and talk to the people on the show like they can hear us. (For example, I just yelled, “Oh yeah THAT’S gonna get you a date!” at this one really obnoxious chick. She’s really full of herself.) One thing that really bugs me about this season is how easily Brad is manipulated by these girls. I mean, when a girl comes to you and whines about all the other girls treating her badly, do you not SEE that she’s trying to make you take her side, and dislike all the other girls? Also, I think Brad likes drama waay too much. I don’t care how cute he is, he’s kind of a sucker. Either that or HE’S the master manipulator. Hmmm,I haven’t thought about that possibility before.

Honestly, who goes on this show to find love? You’re fighting 29 other girls for a minute or two with a guy who has no idea who you are, who may or may not be the kind of guy you really want to date. (And chances are, he’s not.) And because you’re fighting for his attention you let yourself think you love him—after 6 weeks of hanging out in a hot tub drinking while he makes out with you AND everyone else. These poor girls. They’re settling for fighting over one guy because they don’t think they have any other option/chance for finding love.

Random bunny trail—do you ever wonder if arranged marriage would work better than this whole dumb dating mess the world is in? I go back and forth. Most of the time I don’t like the idea. But sometimes I feel like maybe it would be easier to just marry someone (who loves Jesus and has good character) and then figure everything out and get to know each other and all that. Because the commitment’s already been made, so there’s really no pressure, right? You can just have fun with it. Plus… then you don’t have to worry about temptation or being in an inappropriate situation. Just saying….

1 comment:

  1. Ya.. sometimes arranged marriage doesn't look too bad at all. If your parents truly love you and want the best for you, they will pick a great spouse for you. They (your parents) know you pretty well, trust the person, and are as sure as they can be that the person will be great for you. And if you don't like the it, then you don't have to blame yourself for being so dumb, just blame your parents. :). lol. Arranrged marriage seems way more simplier than the traditional complicated dating process.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?