My take on the world.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Unbelief

Oh, ye of little faith.

Why didn't you believe me?
Didn't I feed you when you were hungry?
When your parents had no idea where they would get money for groceries--I left them on your front porch.
 Didn't I heal your brother?
When all the experts said the hemorrhaging, and the cyst, had done irreparable damage--I wiped it all away. It's gone, without a scar.  The doctors couldn't explain it.

I have blessed you beyond measure.  Everything I have is yours.

But when you can't see the end, you doubt me.  You doubt my goodness, my mercy, my love.
I gave you My own precious Son.  When you were dead in the cares and the hurt and the torment and the loneliness of your own pathetic selfishness, He came.  He lived for you, and wept for you.  He was tortured and whipped and mocked and kicked and humiliated--so that you would never have to be.  He died, and went to the gates of hell, and obliterated Satan himself, for YOU!!!!
And at times, you question whether I really care about you or not.

Who do you think you ARE???

To doubt the purpose of the Almighty God, creator of infinite space, mighty mountains and raging oceans and thundering clouds.  To think the One who inspects every atom and knows every grain of sand could miss any event in your life.  The sheer impertinence of it.

Oh, ye of little faith.

But, in spite of your stubbornness and stupidity, I still love you, so much more than you could ever know.  It's not your fault you're blind.

So I will not blast you with my awesomeness, my power, or my knowledge.  I will not scorch you with my unending justice. I will not ridicule your lack of faith. Instead, I will continue to bless you.  I will reveal my goodness to you again and again.  I will shower you with my infinite mercy and love and grace--until one day you fall on your face before me, and see what I have done.
And you will say that it is good.

Lord, I believe.  Help my unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?