My take on the world.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday Dinners

Ever since I was little, my family has done what we call “birthday dinners.” My mom cooks up a special dinner, and we eat off of the “nice dishes.” During dinner, everyone takes turns telling the birthday people a character quality/characteristic that they admire in them. It’s always a lot of fun, with tons of laughter (and occasionally, tears). Tonight was the birthday dinner for Daddy, Sarah, Bethany, Amy, and Jacob (The June/July birthdays). I thought I’d share some of the funnier quotes…

John: “Well, Michael said exactly what I was going to say…”
Andrew: “You don’t have that kind of vocabulary.”

Jacob: (after a long pause) “I never rode a cow…”

Caleb: “Daddy, I admire the fact that you work hard and make money and buy us stuff…. Like, toilet paper.”

Joshua: “One hour down, three or four to go…”

Jacob: *falls off chair*

Mom: “Jacob, tell them thank you for the nice things they said to you.”
Jacob: “Thank you for talkin’ to me.”

Jacob (with food that he doesn’t like on his plate): “Daddy, I’m about done with this.”

Mom: “Jacob, I like when you obey me right when I tell you to do something.”
Jacob: “And it doesn’t make you mad.”

Mom: *waving arms* “Ugh pshswssh UH!!!”
(Translated: “Listen to me!!!”)

Sarah: (to Amy) “Now, if I say I have to pick just one thing, I’m lying and stalling for time to think of something.”
Amy: “Hey, I spent all afternoon thinking of something to say to you!!!”
(Everyone bursts out laughing)
Amy: “No, I didn’t mean that that way…”

Michael had random fits of laughter throughout dinner… He couldn’t stop….

Sarah: (after John tells Bethany what he admires about her) “Is that all?”

Jared: “Amy, I like your warped sense of humor.”

Mom: “David, what I like about you is something that annoys me to death.”

Jacob: “Is everyone laughing at me?”
Daddy: “We’re not even looking at you.”

Mom: “DON’T POST THAT!!!!!”

Sarah: “I have a question. How come everything Momma says can’t be posted on Facebook?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?